Monday, September 12, 2011

pictures i took on the bus ride to BOKU

Bus 37A from Spitelau to BOKU.
The incinerator designed by a famous architect Hunderwasser. When I first saw it I didn't immediately recognize that it's the building that I'd seen many times before in the textbook that we used to teach EMG3001 (Man & Environment), but something about the design really piqued my interest and then (several hours later) it registered in my adled brain.

The tram right in the middle of the intersection.

Notice the climber (plant!) going up the building facade? Cool.


Traffic jam (it's everywhere). The red brick longish building is actually a bridge for the metro (subway) train. It was designed by Otto Wagner of the Secession School (Art Decor).


Cement mixer. Yes, construction is everywhere.


The bus and the passenger in front of me.