Monday, September 5, 2011

pictures of vienna

This picture was taken in a brand-new building at the university of natural resources and life sciences (BOKU) where I'm based at for the month. The story of the building is an interesting one especially for heritage conservationists but you have to email me for details. In the far distance you could actually see the United Nations tower. Most buildings in Vienna are low but there a few skyscapers, like the tower.


This is a picture of the street that I live on - Spengergasse (you must pronounce it right). Just a week ago I was still trying to picture in my mind how it looked like and voila! here I am.



No idea what this building is but I suspect it's a church. It's located near the Krantzplatz metro station, just by the Technical University of Vienna. Yesterdays there were so many university kids parading about in costumes. I guess they were having some kind 'orientation' week.




This picture was taken on the third day I was here and it shows the street along the canal / metro line. Pilgramgasse station can be seen here. This is where I take the metro (subway train) to get to BOKU. Getting around the city is really easy using the public transportation, especially if you're used to taking trains/buses like me (because I use them in Malaysia). I bought a monthly ticket which cost me Euro49,50 (notice the comma?).